Thursday, July 07, 2005

What a night

It was a good double header tonight. We had a come from behind victory in the first game score I am not sure I believe that we won by three runs. The last game we lost in the last two innings. The final score was 19 to 11. The team we played, EV Free, could really just drop the ball in the holes. We on the other hand hit well but there always seemed to be a glove in the way.

Sports center. da da da da

Lew hit a towering homerun out of the park as well as two in the park that he worked for.

Levi and Russ connected on a relay to throw a batter out at second.

Yours truely avoided a near collision with #2 to catch a fly ball in the outfield but, was later brunt by a long ball. (I will only give error reports on yours truely, it just isn't very uplifting to report others downfalls. I have done it in the past but I repent and ask for forgiveness.)

Don't miss next weeks exciting game. It is much better in person.

7 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

Your near collision was awesome! To see you come out with the ball and nobody get hit was really cool. Nice job! You know, I really enjoyed having #2 out there. He's a really nice guy!

9:55 PM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Jay said...

Dont be so hard on yourself and mistakes, we ALL make them, plus its very rare that pedro gets burned out there!!
Hey I want to make the blooper blog!!
That would be way cool!!
I think if we really bear down, we can play with anyone!!

10:02 PM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

Russ Yeah I thought that it was pretty cool myself too. #2 did graze my hat with his glove though.

J.. I agree, if we got our act together, we could play and beat just about all of the teams that we play. We could even win the tournament...

7:22 AM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You know, I'm a little hurt (I mean that literally)! Getting taken out when the team (Pedro & Jack) is running (racing) back to the dugout and getting knocked on my can! Now, that's a blooper for you! BBT

7:45 AM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger Russell said...

Doug, that is one image that will NEVER leave my memory!! I glaced over and your whole body was horizontal in the middle of a crowd. I really wish I could print off my mental picture!!

8:46 AM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

Doug Yeah I had thought of that after I made my post but didn't get around to adding it. I am sorry.. I am still smiling. The way that I remember it. I tag your hand and was past you. There was a gasp or maybe it was a giggle. I don't know what it was but, Something caused me to turn around. I am sure that I had a look of pure puzzlement (ITAW) when I saw you lying on your back in the dirt. LOL GIG

9:43 AM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger where's jim? said...

youze guys will resort to anything to draw a crowd. Well I guess I got the highlites but where is the boxscore and screaming video?? Nice mental image though..

10:51 AM, July 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home