Friday, July 01, 2005

Thursday night softball

Last night was the weekly softball game. It was a good night. We lost both games but, I had a great time. We were mercied the first game 15 to 4, and called the last game in the sixth inning because of the threatening rain. The top of the sixth we were tied but gave up atleast 4 runs before the game was called. (the data is deemed true but not guaranteed.. I just play I don't keep the book.)

I myself felt like I had a good game. Hit a homerun that was called a double, fielded pretty well (had one that popped out somehow) so I am pleased. The HIGHLIGHT of the game for me was actually in the warm up. I threw with Derrick Lewandowski. (sorry if I mispelled it) The man knows how to throw a ball. The pocket felt and looked like it was stretching. My glove will not be the same.. Everytime the ball hit my glove there was that satisfying loud pop that you just have to experience for yourself. So I tried to pick up some good habits by watching his form. I don't know if I threw any faster or harder. But it was a great workout.. thanks Lew.

In everything you do today try your best for the glory of the Lord.. you will feel great knowing that you accomplished your task

4 Comments:

Blogger where's jim? said...

PETE...PETE!!

Thanks for the update. I log in every week to get the boxscore and watch the highlites. Funny, I knew how things turned out even before 9 pm last night. hmmmmm..

7:12 AM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger Russell said...

I had a couple highlight moments. First, while playing third base I pulled a rare move by grabbing a ball that bounced off Lew's arm at second and threw the guy out at first. That was fun and unexpected. Secondly, I really enjoyed having my cousin Gary out there. He had a really good time and got to be in the presence of some really good men!

9:05 AM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

Russ, Yes you had a great play. There was severl nice plays made in the infield. I need to bring my Video camera to a game and get some highlights. But I can't be in the field and behind the camera at the same time..

1:25 PM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger Jay said...

I have warmed up Lew before myself, and your glove will absolutely make some pops.
My hand still hurts from playing first last night!!

6:26 PM, July 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home