Friday, July 15, 2005

Da da da da. (sports center)

Last night was a good night for softball. The rain before the first game and then the lightening during the first which caused everyone to clear the fields did not hamper the spirits of the ball players. We were short a couple of players and had to bring Doug Ruth out of retirement to play first. I think that Doug injoyed his time, he was very gunho, he tried to make plays that he sees in a baseball game but, I think that it slipped his mind that we are not a pro team and the second baseman is not going to cover his base everytime he moves away from the plate. (love you Doug, your first hit should have been fair.) Next year we will work on those plays.. In the bottom of the seventh inning we were down one. Jason and his wife both got on base. Levi popped one up in field. With one down Russell placed a nice shot in right center and we won the game. The second game was a mercy we won I believe 12 to 2. Russell was unstopable last night. He was a placing, going opposite field, burning the outfielder, hitting machine. I am not the book keeper, but if you were to check I believe Russ batted 1000 last night. Even if he hadn't won I would have had a great time. Our blue casted Owen called balls and strikes for both teams and had quite a time hasselling and beening hasselled by both teams. Keep up the good work Owen.

The Fans. Boy did we have some fans come last night. The bleachers were full. After the game we even went to Dairy Queen for more fellowship. Check out some pics from last night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Pedro, I did not injoy my time last night but I did enjoy it! I was not gunho, but was indeed gungho! With a little more coaching I think our infield can be brought around to be able to hang with the Pudgeman, it'll take some work but we can do it. I loved last night and I am VERRRRRRRY sore this morning. BBT

8:03 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

Doug. From where I was standing you well gunho and you were injoying it. and that is final!

8:15 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Russell said...

Tons of fun last night! Thanks to Doug Ruth and Becca Bolton for stepping up when we need them the most and for Owen "Go Blue" Bailey for calling most of them right!

8:18 AM, July 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home