Thursday, August 11, 2005

Newsong basketball team


This is a call out to all you who might want to play basketball this winter.. Russ and I have been talking about putting a team together to play at the Family Centre. So if you are interested in playing let me know. I am not too sure on the particulars yet. What I do know is.. It is a MENS league, (sorry to all you women ballers out there) the age is 17 and older, we would play on Monday nights from 6-9pm, Oct 3 to Dec 5. There is no talent/fitness requirements..(if you have seen me play you would understand).. we are open to everyone.. we just want to keep up the fellowship that was created on the softball field. We need atleast 9 committed men.(we have 3 need 6 more)

Let us know... BBH

8 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

CAN'T WAIT!!

8:37 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

I put mens league because they specify that only men can play.. I didn't say that fans couldn't come and participate in the fun...

1:56 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

No, you put MENS league....LOL

7:25 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

I appologize for capitalizing "MENS" I did it only to clarify that the organizers of the league have set the guidelines not me. I personally would encourage women to play.. I know that there are those out there that can play better then me.

7:37 AM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Russell said...

MENS
MENS
MENS
MENS
MENS
MENS
MENS

Deal with it ladies!!! =)

(is that what you wanted pedro? hope i did that like you asked...)

8:15 AM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Superman said...

Count me in! Do you know how much it will be $$$?

10:30 AM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Out of my love and desire to have a very solid b-ball team, count me out! Dougepudge can't run, jump or shoot! BBT

12:16 PM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

Doug,,, I don't know why you have such a strong desire to have a strong team.. I am just looking for a team. I want to have some fun and get into better shape for softball season next year..


Jason.. The cost will depend on how many people we get to play on our team.. If we can get people committed before September 19, the fee is 270.. if not it will be 300. So the plan is to split the cost. 7 people ~$39, 9~$30, 11~$25. So the more people the better in my oppinion.

Right now I believe that there are four people with your commitment. (Russ, Danny, You, and I) I am working on Jeff.. so if you have heard of anyone else let me know..

9:23 AM, August 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home