Tuesday, September 20, 2005

No basketball..

That is right.. no basketball.. We couldn't get enough guys together to play.. and those that thought that they might want to play didn't want to pay. Myself included. That league was just too expensive. Maybe we can get a group together to shoot around and play a few games just for fun this winter. I really enjoyed playing "HORSE" with some of the youth at the Yearsin estate. Maybe next year I will be organized enough to put a team together.

Just a question what other sports should we try to play?? paintball... hockey... although hockey could be alittle expensive.. BOWLING>>> yeah now there is a league sport that would be good to play.. There is alot of time to sit and talk, make fun of each other.. plus it is easy on the mature members...

11 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

I have bowled on a league before and it was pretty fun.. It can also be coed. So the wifes can get involved.

4:24 PM, September 20, 2005  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

yeah, how bout backgammon? that's easy on everyone

7:10 PM, September 20, 2005  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

I know Chris and I would be up for coed bowling. We have serious talked about joining a league. What a lot of fun that would be. I stink at it, but who cares=)

7:31 PM, September 20, 2005  
Blogger Jay said...

I think that a bowling league would be great, and Im not to old to do it!

8:11 PM, September 20, 2005  
Blogger Russell said...

Pete, that sounds like fun. Check out the CFC and get back with us....coach.

8:30 PM, September 20, 2005  
Blogger Jay said...

Hey, Im not in a wheelchair yet!
Do they still make 4lb balls with
5 finger holes?

7:43 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Russell said...

That reminds me of a bad prank call I used to know...

10:01 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

Hey checked the CFC site. and found a few leagues.

Monday night Mixed
Thursday night Mens
Saturday night Mixed

I think that at least one of the leagues has already started.(sept 12) They run it were you pay week to week for the league.. So we could get a team together just for the fun of it.

I am trying to get more info on it. Also trying to see if there are any winter leagues. I will pass on any info that I find..

BBH

10:01 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

RUSSELL!

11:09 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Now you're talking! I have been known to throw a frame or two myself. I had to quit the league I was in and didn't bowl last year. I'd be up to a league, but I don't have a partner for Co-Ed! I am accepting resumes though! B4T

2:50 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Mr. T, You are not qualified to submit one of "those" resumes! B4T

8:54 AM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home