Friday, June 03, 2005

The First Double Header

Last night was the first night of the church league softball season, and it was a blast. Our opponents jumped out to a early lead in the first game. And kept their lead up until the Fifth inning. I don't know how much we trailed by but the that inning is when we found our bats. At the end of the sixth we had the lead to win the first game by a run or two. Some one help me out. The second game was a blow out. We mercied them after five, I think that the score was around 17 to 5.

On a personal note yours truely did not do the best. I made contributions don't get me wrong. But I feel slower this year. I am 28 and I was competing with a 46 yr old in running in after the innings. Now the particular 46 yr old is in very good shape but, I shouldn't be so winded and out-of-shape after one inning.

So here is my resolve. (Russ, you better start up your regiment again.) I resolve to be in better shape, eat healthier, and lose atleast 10 lbs (I am at 205 now) and be able to run without getting winded.

5 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Good Luck w/ your goals, you CAN achieve them.

1:38 PM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You know, I'm just not gonna. BBT

3:13 PM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Jay said...

Peeeteeey,
I for one think you did an outstanding job!!
And maybee by the next game or two you will beat one unmentioned 46 year old in from the outfield!
Keep focused and you will get there!

8:21 PM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Russell said...

Let's do it! You and me. Let's make some goals. Acheive some results. Turn some heads...

10:16 PM, June 04, 2005  
Blogger Pete said...

I am ready Russ. I am getting ready to form some goals (specific), and set about defining a course.

7:19 AM, June 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home