Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Another slips away

If you don't know, my Wife and I have been looking to purchase a house. We are trying to find one that we can afford and is atleast in a nice area. I am a little slow in moving to write offers and commit to a house without some time. I guess that I am too slow. We had found a house that was inside of our price cap. It needed work (only one bedroom) but it has potential plus it was on a great lot kind of in the country. I was daunted by the amount of work that it needed. I didn't want to get stuck with a house with great potential that I would never reach. So I wanted to know how much it would cost to reach some of that potential. We started looking into what it would need on the surface, and thought that if we could get the price low enough it would be a good buy. We go to write an offer and we hear it just got an offer with a counter from the seller and both are above what we thought to offer. Not to be... So I go back to searching. Found one seems to be nice maybe we will look at it. Call, it is pending, on what? Don't know. Maybe we will look it over anyway and make an offer. What ever is pending can fall through. I say this because I am struggling with stepping out in faith to purchase a house. I don't want to be just working for a mortgage. So please keep us in prayer.

P.S. Russ the house we might look at is in Clinton.

4 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

You got it big guy. You are officially on my prayer list. I have to say that our house purchase was one of the more stressful events in our early marriage. But you have the right attitude. It IS a leap of faith, and if it's not meant to be, it won't happen.

3:31 PM, May 17, 2005  
Blogger Russell said...

You Can Do It!! **in that weird cajun accent from The Waterboy**

4:28 PM, May 17, 2005  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Best running back since Joe Montegna!!

6:35 PM, May 17, 2005  
Blogger where's jim? said...

PETE, having bought and sold (and lived in) 10 different houses over the last 30 years its not that big of deal. These structure are just houses that God lets us stay in for a while. Oh yes you will look at your bride with aprehension when you (with shaking hand) sign the paper that commits you to 30 years of payments that will take you to the year 2035. You have good counsel in your family. You have real estate experience. You have a lot of folks around that have the capability to fix or repair anything that could come up. Just look at Russ's house. Anybody that saw house that at purchase would have to have great vision to see the possibilities. And remember you have God on your side. So take that leap of faith, buy a 4 or 5 bedroom house and fill em up!!

6:36 AM, May 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home