Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Day Two of Home Ownership!

I am sore.

At the walk through we had the city hook up the water meter and turn the water on at the street.

We went to the closing 50 signatures and initials and 37 minutes later we where home owners. Got back to the house to start working and turned the water on but, when the guy from the city hooked up the water meter he forgot to put the washers in so it leaked as soon as I turned it on. No washing walls today.

We pulled up the carpet to find a relatively nice looking hardwood floor. Just a little sanding and some poly it will look good.

Day two the water was on and we had to trace all the leaks down and tighten up the valves. Lite the pilot light and we have water now. Until we finish the bathroom demo and then it will be off until everything is hooked up. I have pictures but not here. As soon as I get time I will put some up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

ahhh the joys of home ownership...

9:43 PM, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Dan said...

Pete, I want some pictures of the house. Show me What you have done. The floors, the walls, the bathroom, and anything else you have changed. Show me the garage with VW in it. Show me your house.

1:40 PM, March 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home