Friday, April 28, 2006

Other exciting news....

I passed Biochemistry II with a B-... Yippee

Today at work they had a demonstration of how one of the chemicals we use here at anderson reacts with air and water.. Not as exciting as I expected. They used TEAL for the demonstration(Triethylaluminum). But it did catch a small patch of grass on fire. DEAC I here is a better demonstration, you can feel the heat 75 ft away from a one pound sample. But they invited the Adrian Fire Department and I don't think that they wanted to show that.. Too scary.. and we want the fire department to show up if there is a fire..

5 Comments:

Blogger where's jim? said...

PETE.. Just wanted to let you know I have the highest respect for anyone who can make any sense out of chemistry, much less biochemistry... Remind me to show you the scar on my left thumb I got in my college chemistry lab. What some people wont do to pass a course!!!

11:30 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Pete, you are my new hero! I love fire! How do I get my hands on, never mind, here comes wow

12:23 PM, April 29, 2006  
Blogger Pete said...

Sammy you make me laugh..

6:58 PM, April 29, 2006  
Blogger wowgirl said...

HEY!

10:52 AM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Jay said...

I'm with Jim on this one much Respect!
I had Physical Science in high school, and after that small explosion, I wasnt allowed to play with chemicals any more.

8:05 AM, May 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home